Dune HD - v 7.0.4
Dune HD players with our driver are compatible both with Control4's standard media database any our My Movies Collection Management driver.. All of the players supported by our driver will play a wide variety of video formats. This includes full DVD and Blu-ray backups with menu navigation support (not on the Lite or Base models).
Players are available with Blu-ray drives and slots for hard drives. All can also play media stored on anywhere on the home computer network. One of the features of the driver is that we can turn off the players own OSD navigation screens. This means your customer only needs to use Control4's OSD. Alternatively the driver is fully compatible with the Dune OSD and Skins via Zappiti or My Movies.
Details of some supported players are shown on our details tab above. The driver supports the HD Base 3D, HD Max, HD Duo, HD Smart H1, HD Smart D1, HD Smart B1, HD Base 3.0 and HD Prime 3.0. Other players in the range can be controlled by the driver but the players themselves have less features and performance.
Like all our drivers the cost is per project not per Dune player. So if you have four Dune players in a project you only need one license.
Qualifies under our One to Show One to Go offer. Buy your first driver, get your second free.
Amazon UK Links:
The Extra Vegetables Control4 IP Ethernet driver for the HDI Dune range of media players implements the following features:
•Wide range of players supported.
Our driver is designed to work with the following HD Dune players: HD Max, HD Smart H1, HD Smart D1, HD Smart B1, HD Base 3.0 and HD Prime 3.0. Details of some of the latest range of HD Dune players are below. one should suit your customer's needs.
◦ HD Base 3D - The main feature of this full size model supports 3D playback. It has a space for an internal hard drive, but does not include an optical driver. As a 'Base' model it does not provide full BD menu support.
◦ HD Max - Combined Blu-ray and HDD Media Player With a Blu-ray drive on one side and a slot for a hot swappable hard drive on the other this is the top line player in the HD Dune range. Use this player in the main media room where it allows playback of physical discs as well as all ripped media content either from it's built in hard drive or from the network. Has slot for SD card to enable full BD-Live features on Blu-ray discs.
◦ HD Smart B1 - Blu-ray and Network Media Player No wider than a Blu-ray drive this player is ideal for rooms where you want the convenience of a physical Blu-ray player and the ability to play digital media from your network. The player has a slot for an SD card which allows the player to access BD-Live content on supported discs.
◦ HD Smart H1 - Network Media Player with optional HDD In a similar form factor to the B1, the standard H1 is a very cost effective fully featured network media player. It can play all the same file formats as the other players. It features a hot swappable SATA hard drive drawer which can be used to store media content if required. However it is not necessary to fit a hard drive as it can play media from anywhere on the network.
◦ HD Smart D1 - As per the H1 above but with a front display rather than a hot swap disk drawer.
Also supports HD Duo, HD Base 3.0 and HD Prime 3.0. The driver can also be used with the other Dune players, however these may not support features such as Blu-ray menus and may offer lower performance.
•Reliable IP Ethernet Control. No bugs or serial ports to use.
The Dune is a completely IP controllable device.
•Complete integration with Control4's media database.
Our driver enables the Dune players to be used directly with Control4's media database. Simply scan your media using Composer or Composer Media edition. You can scan any file share on the network or, if fitted, the hard drive in the Dune itself. The media list appears on the Control4 interfaces - just select a movie or video file and the player will play it. This makes it really simple to use for the whole family.
•Plays all known media formats.
MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, Blu-ray-ISO, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS. Includes support and decoding for up to 7.1 audio.
•Provides menu navigation for DVD AND Blu-ray files
If you rip your DVDs to standard file structure then Control4 will automatically look up the movie details. Blu-rays should be ripped to .ISO files. Then on playback your customer will have full control of the movie menus as if they were viewing the original disc.
•Play media from the built in hard drive, physical disc on network share
Control4 can scan any network location or the devices built in hard drive. Any file can then be played. If you want to playback a physical disc simply select the 'Blu-ray player' option from the Control4 navigator and the disc drawer will be enabled for playback.
•Keep the customer in the Control4 GUI
One of the big advantages is that the driver enables you to keep the customer in the Control4 GUI. There's nothing wrong with the Dune GUI but there's no need to confuse the user with a different interface or have them adjust the settings. When the file finishes playing the user will see a black screen for a few seconds. Then with some very simple custom programming you can return them to the Control4 GUI.
There are currently the following limitations with the driver:
•Control4 2.x Only
This driver is only designed and tested with Control4 2.x. We understand that it can also be used with Contrtol4 1.8. It cannot be used with earlier versions of the Control4 operating system.
Dune have not enabled the ability to select and control music on their players.
The following are required for successful deployment of the driver.
•Control4 2.0 + HC800 Controller for larger systems
The introduction of any two-way driver into a project adds to the processor load. In line with Control4's recommendations we suggest that an HC800 is used for systems of more than three rooms.
•HD Dune Players Supported
HD Max, HD Smart H1, HD Smart D1, HD Smart B1, HD Base 3.0 and HD Prime 3.0. All require IP firmware full details provided in our installation manual.
This driver is an independent commercial release by Extra Vegetables Ltd. All support queries for the driver should be directed to Extra Vegetables.